How to Increase Website Traffic?
Traffic is a major problem for most of the website owners even if it’s new or old website. As we all know, if there is no traffic; there are no sales and if there are no sales, your business goes down.
In many SEO forums, it has been a usual question that “how to increase my website traffic”?
Let’s take a look on how all ways you can improve your website traffic and which one suits you better.
First, we have to understand the different types of traffic we can achieve from the web. Traffic can be categorized mainly into two types – Paid Traffic & Non-Paid Traffic. So what are they and how they are helpful for your business in each stage?
If you spend money to get visitors to your website, then it is referred to as Paid Traffic. This is a quick method to increase the website traffic and to generate business for those who can spend some penny. There are several mediums who supports paid traffic to your website.
1. Search Engine Marketing(SEM) / Adwords/ Pay Per Click
Search engines like Google, Bing etc offers Adwords in their results page. These ads will be served to the users along with the organic results. If your ad results in top 3 positions, chances of getting leads are higher. Also, you can leverage the use of Display advertisements or Banner ads for engaging new as well as old visitors.
2. Social Media Marketing (SMM)
Social media websites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. also support paid advertisements. There is no need to tell how social media is prominent for getting leads.
3. Press Releases
A press release is a short, compelling news story written by public relations professional and sent to targeted members of the media. For publishing these in major websites, you will have to spend some penny.
These are visitors that are gained by normal methods without spending money. This traffic can bring different types of visitors to your site like leads, users looking for product or services, or just visiting your website for information. But if the visitor is satisfied with your website content, he/she can be a lead. The non-paid traffic can also be classified into different groups.
1. Organic TrafficVisitors from search engines like Google or Bing are referred to organic traffic. For this, you will have to optimize your website to compete with your competitor websites inorder to gain any one of the top 3 positions.
2. Social Media
Social media is one of the prominent platforms where you can promote your business/service to reach more people based on their interest. Posting frequently in social media can increase traffic from social media and will give a boost to your brand.
3. Referral Traffic
Visitors from third party websites are termed as referral traffic. It can be of article directories, blogging sites, directories etc. This is probably achieved as part of Link building techniques.
Now how can we drive traffic from these sources?
Here are some strong methods.
1. To attain organic traffic, your website should be SEO optimized. That means your website should be optimized with proper keywords related to your business. This is the main foundation for traffic. After SEO optimization, it can take some time for your website to be indexed by search engines and display it in search results page based on your keyword competition. Meanwhile, you can use Adwords to get some leads till your page reaches on the 1st After that you can decide whether to stop Adwords which depends on your budget and future marketing strategy.
2. Social Media: Engage with people in social media to get more traffic and leads. Even if you are using a single platform, take maximum advantage of it. Publish frequently with your website URL, offers etc and get to the insights and find out the best time for sending out contents. Images and videos create better impression these days. So use them wisely with hashtags to reach out to the maximum audience. Also, interact with the engagements that you get for your posts.
3. Referral Traffic: When going for referral traffic, forums and classifieds are good sources of referral traffic. Websites like Reddit, Digg, Stumbleupon etc. can drive immense traffic to your website. If you run local businesses, Classifieds are the best way to get traffic. This will also help you to increase your local citation and rank better in Google maps.
There are a lot of mediums to attract referral traffic.
Guest Posting – It’s a strong technique to get referral traffic and to boost your Keyword rankings.
Some other techniques are Article Publishing, Blog Publishing, Social Bookmarking, Forum Posting, Press Releases, Directories, Blog Commenting, Web 2.0 profile creation etc.
4. Setup a blog on your website and start content distribution. The blog should be user engaging and content rich. And also make sure it is SEO optimized. Internal linking to other blog posts is very important. Share your Blog to social media and engage with audiences. Create an email list and send out those blogs to those lists. Email marketing is an old technique but yet powerful for driving traffic. Use images and videos for better reach and user engagement.
5. Include the website URL in your email signature which will give some exposure to your website. Also, you can create an autoresponder for your emails and include your website URL in that responder mail.
6. Go for paid traffic techniques like Adwords, Facebook advertisements, Banner advertisements, news websites etc.
These are some general but powerful techniques to drive traffic to your website. Following these will surely thrive your website traffic. If you have any suggestions, please use the comment box.